Using hypnosis scripts in your practice can be very transformative, especially if the client listens to a recording of them often. Even more powerful, however, is to include future pacing. Future pacing ensures the changes you are instilling in the client’s everyday world are triggered automatically.
Setting up a successful future pace begins in the interview stage of the session. As you are collecting information about their issue and specific date to create the future pacing suggestions for the script.
What Data to Collect to Boost Your Scripts Through Future Pacing?
- What do you want? What will that achieving that do for you? (Roy Hunter would say – Benefit. What is in it for you?) (make sure it can be controlled and initiated by them, positive, and specific).
- How will you know you have achieved it? (collecting sensory information that you will use to future pace) What will you see, hear or feel?
- Where, when, and with whom do you want it? (collecting exact situations to future pace
- What are you already doing to move forward toward that outcome? (examples of resourcefulness). What else can you do? (sometimes just these questions to help them get specific on what they desire already creates solutions).
- What qualities, skills, states do you need to reach that outcome? What stops you from reaching that outcome (the work of the session – utilization of the hypnotherapy)
Make sure to include some mundane events. integrate the change-work, in a realistic way, into their lives. In other words, it gives them an increased chance to experience tangible change, which in turn gathers momentum. Behavioral research has shown that tiny changes over time work much more successfully than trying to make a big change all at once.
If you are interested in how to boost your scripts, take the course below.
This training was recorded as an online continuing education course through ACHE. In this program, we learn the steps to writing personalized scripts specific to your client’s needs. Includes lecture, handouts, and samples.
Includes video and pdf handouts.